APRIL 9th, 2016
The Movement Fix Workshop
Taught by Ryan DeBell, M.S., D.C.
Taught by Dr. Ryan DeBell and covers the following topics:
• A functional anatomy framework for human movement
• Why everyone HAS to squat differently and how to find your best squat stance
• How to create maximal spinal stiffness to set big PRs
• The 2 biggest mobility issues for overhead lifting and how to fix them
• Easily program movement, mobility, and motor control drills into your training
• How to find your hidden movement limitations in squatting, deadlifting, and overhead lifting
• How to train your core for maximal strength without risk of injury
• Whether or not stretching is worth your time
• 3 Reasons why you should focus more on motor control training
• Why 'movement training' can increase your PRs more than strength training
Early bird price: US$199 (until 3/26/16)*
Full Price: US$249 (3/27/16 and after)*
*DISCOUNT available for PAST WORKSHOP ATTENDEES. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for DISCOUNT CODE.
JUNE 11-12th, 2016
CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course
This interactive two-day course covers basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics movements in a lecture setting, with practical application following as participants and coaches perform all presented movements. Skills are repeated until the student has an understanding of how to learn, spot and teach all movements safely to athletes of any level. Gymnastics programming is also discussed. Course participants learn to apply gymnastics principles in training themselves and others to increase strength development, core control and spatial awareness – all of which improve CrossFit performance.
The Gymnastics Trainer Course teaches participants:
- Basic strength – development for disadvantaged leverage and basic prowess in gymnastics movements.
- Parallette work – handstands, L-sits, stretching, handstand push-ups, range-of-motion/extended-range-of-motion training.
- Rings variations – core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Bar variations – handstands, back levers, skin-the-cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings.
- Handstand variations – handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands, planches (and progressions).
- How to coach, spot and scale all elements for practice and workouts.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainer may claim 14 CEUs towards their continuing education.
Email email@example.com for discounts for military personnel and law enforcement officers.