APRIL 9-10th, 2016
The Movement Fix + System of a Run 2-day Workshop
Taught by Ryan DeBell, M.S., D.C. and Chris Johnson, PT, MCMT, ITCA
Join us for this special 2 day event hosted by CrossFit Oregon City! Dr. Ryan DeBell will be teaching his Movement Fix Workshop on Day 1 and Chris Johnson, PT will be teaching his 'System of a Run' workshop on day 2.
This 2 day event is designed for athletes, trainers, and coaches of all skill levels. There are no prerequisites. This event is open to the public.
Below is a breakdown of the topics covered in this 2 day event.
Day 1 is taught by Dr. Ryan DeBell and covers the following topics:
• A functional anatomy framework for human movement
• Why everyone HAS to squat differently and how to find your best squat stance
• How to create maximal spinal stiffness to set big PRs
• The 2 biggest mobility issues for overhead lifting and how to fix them
• Easily program movement, mobility, and motor control drills into your training
• How to find your hidden movement limitations in squatting, deadlifting, and overhead lifting
• How to train your core for maximal strength without risk of injury
• Whether or not stretching is worth your time
• 3 Reasons why you should focus more on motor control training
• Why 'movement training' can increase your PRs more than strength training
Day 2 is taught by Chris Johnson, PT and covers the following topics:
• Review the performance demands of running
• Learn common running injury patterns and how to reduce your risk
• Learn a unique set of running drills for the functional fitness athlete
• 3 common running myths that are holding your running back
• A simple self-assessment that will help guide exercise selection and footwear to help you PR
• Learn the implications of various foot strike patterns and figuring out which works best for you
• How to perform simple modifications to your running gait related to foot strike, sound, and step rate/cadence to improve your running and improve your efficiency
• Programming your running into your daily and weekly routines
• Learn how to train your weaknesses as a runner to set new PRs
Early bird pricing ends 2 months before event.
Early bird price: US$399*
Full Price: US$479*
*DISCOUNT available for PAST WORKSHOP ATTENDEES. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for DISCOUNT CODE.
JUNE 11-12th, 2016
CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course
This interactive two-day course covers basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics movements in a lecture setting, with practical application following as participants and coaches perform all presented movements. Skills are repeated until the student has an understanding of how to learn, spot and teach all movements safely to athletes of any level. Gymnastics programming is also discussed. Course participants learn to apply gymnastics principles in training themselves and others to increase strength development, core control and spatial awareness – all of which improve CrossFit performance.
The Gymnastics Trainer Course teaches participants:
- Basic strength – development for disadvantaged leverage and basic prowess in gymnastics movements.
- Parallette work – handstands, L-sits, stretching, handstand push-ups, range-of-motion/extended-range-of-motion training.
- Rings variations – core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Bar variations – handstands, back levers, skin-the-cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings.
- Handstand variations – handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands, planches (and progressions).
- How to coach, spot and scale all elements for practice and workouts.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainer may claim 14 CEUs towards their continuing education.
Email email@example.com for discounts for military personnel and law enforcement officers.